- •Cardiomyopathy has an incidence of near 70% in septic shock patients.
- •Cardiomyopathy is frequently associated to LV systolic dysfunction (45.5%).
- •Hs-TnT curve differs in septic shock patients with and without myocardial dysfunction.
- •hs-TnT curve within the first 72 h is a robust signal alarm for septic shock patients.
- •In septic shock patients with myocardial dysfunction hs-TnT curve is time-dependent.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Novel biomarkers of cardiovascular disease: applications in clinical practice.Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. 2019; 56: 33-60https://doi.org/10.1080/10408363.2018.1525335
- Troponin testing for assessing sepsis-induced myocardial dysfunction in patients with septic shock.J Clin Med. 2019; 8: 239https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm8020239
- The third international consensus definitions for sepsis and septic shock (Sepsis-3).JAMA. 2016; 315: 801-810https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.0287
- Lactate level versus lactate clearance for predicting mortality in patients with septic shock defined by sepsis-3.Crit Care Med. 2018; 46: e489-e495https://doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0000000000003030
- The role of central venous oxygen saturation, blood lactate, and central venous-to-arterial carbon dioxide partial pressure difference as a goal and prognosis of sepsis treatment.J Crit Care. 2016; 36: 223-229https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2016.08.002
- Elevated modified shock index in early sepsis is associated with myocardial dysfunction and mortality.J Crit Care. 2018; 43: 30-35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrc.2017.08.019
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction during septic shock: the role of loading conditions.Intensive Care Med. 2017; 43: 633-642https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-017-4698-z
- Basic and advanced echocardiographic evaluation of myocardial dysfunction in sepsis and septic shock.Anaest Intensive Care. 2018; 46: 13-24https://doi.org/10.1177/0310057X1804600104
- Clinical spectrum, frequency, and significance of myocardial dysfunction in severe sepsis and septic shock.Mayo Clin Proc. 2012; 87: 620-628https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2012.01.018
- Diastolic dysfunction and mortality in severe sepsis and septic shock.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 895-903https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehr351