- •Subacute thyroiditis may present shortly following vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.
- •Whilst rare, different types of vaccines are implicated in this finding (mRNA, adenovector, inactivated vaccines).
- •It seems to follow the expected clinical course of classical subacute thyroiditis and response to conventional treatments.
1. Case description
Declaration of Competing Interest
Appendix. Supplementary materials
- De Quervain subacute thyroiditis.CMAJ. 2021; 193: E1007
- Reaction of human monoclonal antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 proteins with tissue antigens: implications for autoimmune diseases.Front Immunol. 2021; 11617089
- SARS-CoV-2 spike protein impairs endothelial function via downregulation of ACE 2.Circ Res. 2021; 128: 1323-1326