- •Post-Hoc analysis of an RCT investigating adjunctive dexamethasone treatment in CAP.
- •We tested if WBC differential parameters modified response to dexamethasone.
- •WBC and neutrophil count and NLR modified the effect of dexamethasone on length of stay.
- •In subgroups with high values dexamethasone reduced length of stay by two days.
- •There was no reduction in length of stay in subgroups with low values.
- Diagnosis and treatment of adults with community-acquired pneumonia. an official clinical practice guideline of the American thoracic society and infectious diseases society of America.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019; 200: e45-e67
- Estimates of the global, regional, and national morbidity, mortality, and aetiologies of lower respiratory infections in 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2016.Lancet Infect Dis. 2018; 18: 1191-1210https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(18)30310-4
- With friends like these: the complex role of neutrophils in the progression of severe pneumonia.Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017; 7: 160
- Ovidius study group CSG and SSG. Corticosteroids in patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia: systematic review and individual patient data metaanalysis.Clin Infect Dis. 2017; 66: 346-354
- Adjunctive treatment with oral dexamethasone in non-ICU patients hospitalised with community-acquired pneumonia: a randomised clinical trial.Eur Respir J. 2021; 58 ([Epub ahead of print])2002535
- Corticosteroids for community-acquired pneumonia: a critical view of the evidence.Eur Respir J. 2016; 48: 984-986
- Cytokines and cortisol – predictors of treatment response to corticosteroids in community-acquired pneumonia?.J Intern Med. 2019; 286: 75-87
- Biomarkers define the clinical response to dexamethasone in community-acquired pneumonia.J Infect. 2012; 65: 25-31
- Lymphopenic community-acquired pneumonia is associated with a dysregulated immune response and increased severity and mortality.J Infect. 2019; 78: 423-431
- Pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and early immune-modulator therapy.Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 18: 388
- Prognostic value of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in sepsis: a meta-analysis.Am J Emerg Med. 2020; 38: 641-647
- The systemic inflammation-based neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio: experience in patients with cancer.Crit Rev Oncol Hemato. 2013; 88: 218-230
- Neutrophil lymphocyte ratio and cardiovascular disease risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Biomed Res Int. 2018; : 2018
- The neutrophil-lymphocyte count ratio in patients with community-acquired pneumonia.PLoS One. 2012; 7: 4-11
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio: an emerging marker predicting prognosis in elderly adults with community-acquired pneumonia.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017; 65: 1796-1801
- A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 243-250
- Markers of neutrophil extracellular traps predict adverse outcome in communityacquired pneumonia: secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial.Eur Respir J. 2018; : 51
- Efficacy of corticosteroids in community-acquired pneumonia.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010; 181: 975-982
- Dexamethasone and length of hospital stay in patients with community-acquired pneumonia: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2011; 377: 2023-2030
- Adjunct prednisone therapy for patients with community-acquired pneumonia: a multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1511-1518