- •MNA is a valuable tool in estimating patients’ nutritional status.
- •Malnutrition is associated with prolonged hospitalizations and financial burden.
- •In-hospital and long-term mortality is directly associated with malnutrition.
- •Full-MNA predicts mortality whereas SF-MNA the duration of admission and the cost.
- Mini Nutritional Assessment: a practical assessment tool for grading the nutritional state of elderly patients.Facts Res Gerontol. 1994; : 12-13
- Mini nutritional assessment and 10-year mortality in free-living elderly women: a prospective cohort study with 10-year follow-up.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2012; 66: 1050-1053
- The Mini Nutritional Assessment-Short Form and mortality in nursing home residents: results from the INCUR Study.J Nutr Health Aging. 2015; 19: 383-388
- Nutritional status and all-cause mortality in older adults with acute coronary syndrome.Clin Nutr. 2020; 39: 1572-1579
- Effect of risk of malnutrition on 30-day mortality among older patients with acute heart failure in Emergency Departments.Eur J Intern Med. 2019; 65: 69-77
- Malnutrition and poor food intake are associated with prolonged hospital stay, frequent readmissions and greater in-hospital mortality: results from the Nutrition Care Day Survey 2010.Clin Nutr. 2013; 32: 737-745
- Adherence to Mediterranean diet, malnutrition, length of stay and mortality in elderly patients hospitalized in Internal Medicine wards.Nutrients. 2019; 11: 790
- Nutritional status predicts preterm death in older people: a prospective cohort study.Clin Nutr. 2014; 33: 354-359
- Nutritional predictors of mortality after discharge in elderly patients on a medical ward.Eur J Clin Invest. 2016; 46: 609-618
- Comparison of the efficacy of Nutritional Risk Screening 2002 and Mini Nutritional Assessment Short Form in recognizing sarcopenia and predicting its mortality.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2020; 74: 1029-1037