- •The impact of procedural myocardial infarction (MI) is matter of controversy.
- •Type 4a MI is significantly associated with mortality.
- •Including “stand-alone MI” in procedural MI weakens its prognostic value.
- •Evidence does not support other than type 4a MI as endpoint in clinical trials.
- Procedural Myocardial Infarction: definitions Everywhere, But Not Any That May Fit.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 1640-1643
- on behalf of The Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology and the Society for Invasive Cardiology Italian Investigators. Impact of the elevation of biochemical markers of myocardial damage on long-term mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention: results of the CK-MB and PCI study.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 1494-1498
- Prognostic value of isolated troponin I elevation after percutaneous coronary interventions.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2010; 3: 431-435
- White HD; ESC Scientific Document Group. Fourth Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 237-269
- ISCHEMIA Research Group. Initial invasive or conservative strategy for stable coronary disease.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382 (KeltaiJrJr): 1395-1407
- Peri-procedural myocardial infarction and troponism: a quick journey through the land of confusion.Heart. 2012; 98: 1400-1401
- Prognostically relevant periprocedural myocardial injury and infarction associated with percutaneous coronary interventions: a Consensus Document of the ESC Working Group on Cellular Biology of the Heart and European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI).Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 2630-2642
- Cardiac procedural myocardial injury, infarction, and mortality in patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary intervention: a pooled analysis of patient-level data.Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 323-334
- ISCHEMIA Research Group Myocardial Infarction in the ISCHEMIA Trial: impact of Different Definitions on Incidence, Prognosis, and Treatment Comparisons.Circulation. 2021; 143: 790-804