- •The Birmingham Black Country Venous Thromboembolism registry (BBC-VTE) is a modern and multi-ethnic cohort of patients who suffered a first episode of VTE.
- •Our study aims to collect contemporary data on outcomes including mortality, bleeding and VTE recurrence. In addition, the vast scope of data collection captures many other variables including: location of pulmonary embolism or DVT, detailed lists of co-morbidities, d-dimer values and other laboratory results, previous malignancy and its recurrence, type and duration of anticoagulant used as well as the subsequent site of any bleeding, whether thrombolysis was administered, and of course survival and cause of death where available.
- •In addition, these data will allow us to conduct machine learning analyses for risk prediction and to compare to previously derived mortality scores such as the PESI.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Trends in the incidence of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a 25-year population-based study.Arch Intern Med. 1998; 158: 585-593
- The Worcester venous thromboembolism study: a population-based study of the clinical epidemiology of venous thromboembolism.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 722-727
- Effect of ethnicity and gender on the incidence of venous thromboembolism in a diverse population in California in 1996.Thromb Haemost. 2005; 93: 298-305
- The epidemiology of diagnosed pulmonary embolism and deep venous thrombosis in the elderly.Arch Intern Med. 1994; 154: 861-866
- Predictors of recurrence after deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a population-based cohort study.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 761-768
- Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism: a danish nationwide cohort study.Am J Med. 2018; 131 (e4): 1067-1074
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in two cohorts: the longitudinal investigation of thromboembolism etiology.Am J Med. 2004; 117: 19-25
- Risk of recurrence after a first episode of symptomatic venous thromboembolism provoked by a transient risk factor: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1710-1716
- Long term risk of symptomatic recurrent venous thromboembolism after discontinuation of anticoagulant treatment for first unprovoked venous thromboembolism event: systematic review and meta-analysis.Bmj. 2019; 366: l4363
- Does the clinical presentation and extent of venous thrombosis predict likelihood and type of recurrence? A patient-level meta-analysis.J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8: 2436-2442
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism: a community-based study in Western France. EPI-GETBP Study Group. Groupe d'Etude de la Thrombose de Bretagne occidentale.Thromb Haemost. 2000; 83: 657-660
- Venous thromboembolism in over 16s: reducing the risk of hospital-acquired deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.NICE guideline [NG89], London: NICE2018
- Derivation and validation of a prognostic model for pulmonary embolism.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005; 172: 1041-1046
- British Thoracic Society Guideline for the initial outpatient management of pulmonary embolism (PE).Thorax. 2018; 73: ii1-ii29
- Simplification of the pulmonary embolism severity index for prognostication in patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1383-1389
- Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J Thromb Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694
- Global anticoagulant registry in the Field - Venous Thromboembolism (GARFIELD-VTE). Rationale and design.Thromb Haemost. 2016; 116: 1172-1179
- The management of acute venous thromboembolism in clinical practice. Results from the European PREFER in VTE Registry.Thromb Haemost. 2017; 117: 1326-1337
P. Angchaisuksiri S-MB, H. Fryk, C.-.E. Chiang, Z.-.C. Jing, S. Wang, K. Kondo, J. Sathar, E. Tse, S. Goto, A. Kakkar, on behalf of the GARFIELD-VTE Investigators. Venous thromboembolism in Asia and worldwide: emerging insights from GARFIELD-VTE. Int Soc Thrombosis Haemostas; 6th July - 10th July, 2019; Melbourne2019.
- Validation of the VTE-BLEED score’s long-term performance for major bleeding in patients with venous thromboembolisms: from the COMMAND VTE registry.J Thromb Haemost. 2020; 18: 624-632
Turpie AGG HS, Weitz J.I., Ageno W., Angchalsuksiri P., Bounameaux H., Goldhaber S.Z., Goto S., Kayani G., Dalsgaard Nielsen J, Schellong S., Mantovani L.G., Prandoni P., Kakkar AK. 6 month outcomes of patients: results from GARFIELD VTE. Int Soc Thromb Haemostasis; 8th July - 13th July, 2017; Berlin2017.
- The management of acute venous thromboembolism in clinical practice - study rationale and protocol of the European PREFER in VTE Registry.Thromb J. 2015; 13: 41
- Treatment satisfaction in patients with venous thromboembolism as measured with Pact-Q2: prefer In Vte Registry.Value Health. 2014; 17: A496-A497
- Rationale, design and methodology of the computerized registry of patients with venous thromboembolism (RIETE).Thromb Haemost. 2018; 118: 214-224
- Long-term anticoagulant therapy of patients with venous thromboembolism. what are the practices?.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10e0128741
- Trends in the management and outcomes of acute pulmonary embolism: analysis from the RIETE registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 162-170
- DVT management and outcome trends, 2001 to 2014.Chest. 2016; 150: 374-383
- What can be learned from RIETE?.Rambam Maimonides Med J. 2014; 5: e0037
- Anticoagulation therapy for venous thromboembolism in the real world- from the COMMAND VTE registry.Circ J. 2018; 82: 1262-1270
- Clinical outcomes of patients with pulmonary embolism versus deep vein thrombosis: from the COMMAND VTE registry.Thromb Res. 2019; 184: 50-57
- Acute pulmonary embolism: clinical outcomes in the international cooperative pulmonary embolism registry (ICOPER).Lancet. 1999; 354: 1386-1389