- •In northern Spain, anti-HMGCR IMNM usually affects people over 50 years with exposure to statins.
- •We confirm that HLA-DRB1×11 is associated with an increased risk of anti-HMGCR IMNM in Spain.
- •The SLCO1B1 gene does not seem to play a role in the anti-HMGCR IMNM genetic network.
- •Vitamin D deficiency and hypothyroidism might be predisposing factors for anti-HMGCR IMNM.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy: clinical features and pathogenesis.Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2020; 16: 689-701
- Inflammatory myopathies: update on diagnosis, pathogenesis and therapies, and COVID-19-related implications.Acta Myol. 2020; 39: 289-301
- Increasing incidence of immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy: single-centre experience.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2015; 54: 2010-2014
- Anti-HMGCR antibodies as a biomarker for immune-mediated necrotizing myopathies: a history of statins and experience from a large international multi-center study.Autoimmun Rev. 2016; 15: 983-993
- Anti-HMGCR antibodies demonstrate high diagnostic value in the diagnosis of immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy following statin exposure.Immunol Res. 2017; 65: 276-281
- Statin-induced myalgia and myositis: an update on pathogenesis and clinical recommendations.Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2018; 14: 215-224
- Increased frequency of DRB1×11:01 in anti-hydroxymethylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase-associated autoimmune myopathy.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2012; 64: 1233-1237
- Clinical and genetic associations of autoantibodies to 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl-coenzyme a reductase in patients with immune-mediated myositis and necrotizing myopathy.Muscle Nerve. 2015; 52: 196-203
- SLCO1B1 variants and statin-induced myopathy–a genomewide study.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 789-799
- Genomewide association study of statin-induced myopathy in patients recruited using the UK clinical practice research datalink.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2019; 106: 1353-1361
- Pharmacogenetics of Statin-Induced Myotoxicity.Front Genet. 2020; 11575678
- Immune-mediated necrotizing myopathies working group. 224th ENMC international workshop: Clinico-sero-pathological classification of immune-mediated necrotizing myopathies Zandvoort, The Netherlands, 14-16 October 2016.Neuromuscul Disord. 2018; 28: 87-99
- Autoantibodies against 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase in patients with statin-associated autoimmune myopathy.Arthritis Rheum. 2011; 63: 713-721
- Anti-HMGCR autoantibodies in European patients with autoimmune necrotizing myopathies: inconstant exposure to statin.Medicine (Baltimore). 2014; 93: 150-157
- Clinical features and treatment outcomes of necrotizing autoimmune myopathy.JAMA Neurol. 2015; 72: 996-1003
- Statin-associated autoimmune myopathy: a distinct new IFL pattern can increase the rate of HMGCR antibody detection by clinical laboratories.Autoimmune Rev. 2016; 15: 1161-1166
- Clinical features and prognosis in anti-SRP and anti-HMGCR necrotising myopathy.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2016; 87: 1038-1044
- Treatment and outcomes in necrotising autoimmune myopathy: an Australian perspective.Neuromuscul Disord. 2016; 26: 734-740
- Atorvastatin-induced necrotizing autoimmune myositis.Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96: e5694
- Statin-induced anti-HMGCR myopathy: successful therapeutic strategies for corticosteroid-free remission in 55 patients.Arthritis Res Ther. 2020; 22: 5
- Clinico-serologic features of statin-induced necrotising autoimmune myopathy in a single-centre cohort.Clin Rheumatol. 2018; 37: 543-547