Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.Lancet. 2016; 388: 1659-1724
- Prospective Studies C. Age-specific relevance of usual blood pressure to vascular mortality: a meta-analysis of individual data for one million adults in 61 prospective studies.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1903-1913
The ACCORD Study Group.Effects of intensive blood-pressure control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 2010; 362:1575–1585.
- Blood-pressure targets in patients with recent lacunar stroke: the SPS3 randomised trial.Lancet. 2013; 382: 507-515
- A randomized trial of intensive versus standard blood-pressure control.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2103-2116
- Final report of a trial of intensive versus standard blood-pressure control.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 1921-1930
- Trial of intensive blood-pressure control in older patients with hypertension.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 1268-1279
- Benefits of more intensive versus less intensive blood pressure control.Eur J Intern Med. 2022; 101 (Updated trial sequential analysis): 48-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.03.032
- Methodological aspects of meta-analyses assessing the effect of blood pressure-lowering treatment on clinical outcomes.Hypertension. 2022; 79: 491-504
- ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/APhA/ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA guideline for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure in adults: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Hypertension. 2018; 71 (Jr): 1269-1324
- 2018 ESC/ESH guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 3021-3104
- Effects of blood pressure lowering treatment on cardiovascular outcomes and mortality: 13 – benefits and adverse events in older and younger patients with hypertension: overview, meta-analyses and meta-regression analyses of randomized trials.J Hypertens. 2018; 36: 1622-1636
- Important practice lessons from the SPRINT study beyond the blood pressure goal: all well known and now confirmed.J Am Soc Hypertens. 2016; 10: 613-617
- Time in therapeutic range, as a determinant of all-cause mortality in patients with hypertension.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e007131
- Systolic pressure is all that matters.Lancet. 2008; 371: 2219-2221
- Isolated systolic blood pressure measurement.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1033
- Potential deaths averted and serious adverse events incurred from adoption of the SPRINT (Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial) intensive blood pressure regimen in the United States: projections from NHANES (National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey).Circulation. 2017; 135: 1617-1628
- Prevalence, awareness, treatment, and control of hypertension in rural and urban communities in high-, middle-, and low-income countries.JAMA. 2013; 310: 959-968