We appreciate the opportunity to reply to the Letter to the Editor by Dimosiari and colleagues [
], commenting on our work [
- Dimosiari A.
- Michailidis T.
- Patoulias D.
Janus kinase inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: great news, but some concerns on cardiovascular disease risk still exist.
Eur J Intern Med. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.05.033
]. We concur with them that the cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk of Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) deserves attention.
- Li S.
- Li F.
- Mao N.
- Wang J.
- Xie X.
Efficacy and safety of Janus kinase inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Eur J Intern Med. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.04.007
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Janus kinase inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: great news, but some concerns on cardiovascular disease risk still exist.Eur J Intern Med. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.05.033
- Efficacy and safety of Janus kinase inhibitors in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Intern Med. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2022.04.007
- Unmet needs in the management of cardiovascular risk in inflammatory joint diseases.Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2020; 16: 23-36https://doi.org/10.1080/1744666X.2019.1699058
- Uveitis as a risk factor for developing acute myocardial infarction in ankylosing spondylitis: a national population-based longitudinal cohort study.Front Immunol. 2021; 12811664https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.811664
- Systemic inflammatory response and atherosclerosis: the paradigm of chronic inflammatory rheumatic diseases.Int J Mol Sci. 2018; 19: 1890https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19071890
- The risk of cardiovascular diseases in axial spondyloarthritis.Curr Insights Front Med (Lausanne). 2021; 8782150https://doi.org/10.3389/fmed.2021.782150
- Persistence of C-reactive protein increased levels and high disease activity are predictors of cardiovascular disease in patients with axial spondyloarthritis.Sci Rep. 2022; 12: 7498https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-11640-8
- Safety of JAK inhibitors: focus on cardiovascular and thromboembolic events.Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 2022; 18: 233-244https://doi.org/10.1080/1744666X.2022.2039630
- Efficacy and safety of baricitinib in chinese rheumatoid arthritis patients and the subgroup analyses: results from study RA-BALANCE.Rheumatol Ther. 2020; 7: 851-866https://doi.org/10.1007/s40744-020-00231-6
- Tofacitinib restores the inhibition of reverse cholesterol transport induced by inflammation: understanding the lipid paradox associated with rheumatoid arthritis.Br J Pharmacol. 2017; 174: 3018-3031https://doi.org/10.1111/bph.13932
- Potential mechanisms leading to the abnormal lipid profile in patients with rheumatoid arthritis versus healthy volunteers and reversal by tofacitinib.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015; 67: 616-625https://doi.org/10.1002/art.38974
- Chloroquine modulates the sulforaphane anti-obesity mechanisms in a high-fat diet model: role of JAK-2/STAT-3/ SOCS-3 pathway.Eur J Pharmacol. 2022; 927175066https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2022.175066
- Ankylosing spondylitis and risk of venous thromboembolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lung India. 2016; 33: 642-645https://doi.org/10.4103/0970-2113.192862
- Role of a Janus kinase 2-dependent signaling pathway in platelet activation.Thromb Res. 2014; 133: 1088-1096https://doi.org/10.1016/j.thromres.2014.03.042
- Venous thromboembolism risk with JAK inhibitors: a meta-analysis.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2021; 73: 779-788https://doi.org/10.1002/art.41580
Published online: July 12, 2022
Accepted: July 6, 2022
Received: June 27, 2022
© 2022 European Federation of Internal Medicine. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.