- •The prevalence of ACM is high in patients with T2DM.
- •ACM predicts the risk of long-term ischemic stroke-related hospitalization in patients with T2DM independent of atrial fibrillation.
- •ACM, a marker for evaluating early myocardial remolding in clinical practice, can be used to improve risk stratification in T2DM patients.
Abbreviations:ACM (atrial cardiomyopathy), CVD (cardiovascular disease), AF (atrial fibrillation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- EHRA/HRS/APHRS/SOLAECE expert consensus on atrial cardiomyopathies: definition, characterization, and clinical implication.Europace. 2016; 18 (European pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac electrophysiology: journal of the working groups on cardiac pacing, arrhythmias, and cardiac cellular electrophysiology of the European Society of Cardiology): 1455-1490https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euw161
- Atrial cardiopathy and the risk of ischemic stroke in the CHS (cardiovascular health study).Stroke. 2018; 49: 980-986https://doi.org/10.1161/strokeaha.117.020059
- Accuracy of 1-hour plasma glucose during the oral glucose tolerance test in diagnosis of type 2 diabetes in adults: a meta-analysis.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 1062-1069https://doi.org/10.2337/dc20-1688
- Electrocardiographic left atrial abnormality and stroke subtype in the atherosclerosis risk in communities study.Ann Neurol. 2015; 78: 670-678https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.24482
- Prevalence and overlap of potential embolic sources in patients with embolic stroke of undetermined source.J Am Heart Assoc. 2019; 8e012858https://doi.org/10.1161/jaha.119.012858
- Subclinical atrial fibrillation and the risk of stroke.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 120-129https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1105575
- Cryptogenic stroke and underlying atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2478-2486https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1313600
- Atrial cardiopathy and cryptogenic stroke: a cross-sectional pilot study.J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis Off J Natl Stroke Assoc. 2016; 25: 110-114https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2015.09.001