Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). Health spending. https://www.cihi.ca/en/health-spending.
- Do blood tests cause anemia in hospitalized patients? the effect of diagnostic phlebotomy on hemoglobin and hematocrit levels.J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20: 520-524
- Hospital-acquired anemia: prevalence, outcomes, and healthcare implications.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 506-512
- Incidence, predictors, and outcomes of hospital-acquired anemia.J Hosp Med. 2017 May; 12; : 317-322
- The landscape of inappropriate laboratory testing: a 15-Year meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2013; 8 ([cited 2021 Oct 20]): e78962https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0078962
- Are laboratory tests always needed? frequency and causes of laboratory overuse in a hospital setting.Clin Biochem. 2018; 54: 85-91
- Inappropriate repeats of six common tests in a canadian city: a population cohort study within a laboratory informatics framework.Am J Clin Pathol. 2015; 144: 704-712https://doi.org/10.1309/AJCPYXDAUS2F8XJY
- Evaluation and cost estimation of laboratory test overuse in 43 commonly ordered parameters through a computerized clinical decision support system (CCDSS) in a large university hospital.PLoS One. 2020; 15https://doi.org/10.1371/2Fjournal.pone.0237159
- Inappropriate laboratory testing in internal medicine inpatients: prevalence, causes and interventions.Ann Med Surg. 2020; 51: 48-53
- Choosing wisely’: a growing international campaign.BMJ Qual Saf. 2015; 24: 167-174https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2014-003821