Abbreviations:AF (atrial fibrillation), ESUS (embolic stroke of undetermined source), GDS (Geriatric Depression Scale), MMSE (Mini-Mental State Examination), NO (nitric oxide), SPPB (Short-Physical Performance Battery)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2022 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2022; 145: e153-e639
- Atrial fibrillation: villain or bystander in vascular brain injury.Eur Heart J Suppl. 2020; 22: M51-Mm9
- Searching for atrial fibrillation poststroke: a white paper of the AF-SCREEN International Collaboration.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1834-1850
- Optimizing indices of atrial fibrillation susceptibility and burden to evaluate atrial fibrillation severity, risk and outcomes.Cardiovasc Res. 2021; 117: 1-21
- Arginine and Endothelial Function.Biomedicines. 2020; 8
- The CHA(2)DS(2)-VASc score and Geriatric Multidimensional Assessment tools in elderly patients with persistent atrial fibrillation undergoing electrical cardioversion. A link with arrhythmia relapse?.Eur J Intern Med. 2020; 82: 56-61
- Downregulation of endocardial nitric oxide synthase expression and nitric oxide production in atrial fibrillation: potential mechanisms for atrial thrombosis and stroke.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2854-2858
- Plasma dimethylarginine levels and carotid intima-media thickness are related to atrial fibrillation in patients with embolic stroke.Int J Mol Sci. 2019; : 20
- Iron depletion: a defense against intracellular infection and neoplasia.Life Sci. 1992; 50: 1289-1297
- Arginine metabolism: nitric oxide and beyond.Biochem J. 1998; 336: 1-17
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
☆Giuseppe Pieraccini, MSc, of the Mass Spectrometry Center (CISM) of the University of Florence, significantly supported this work with his technical skills.