Abbreviations:SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2), EU (European Union), EU/EEA (European Union/European Economic Area), VOC (Variant of Concern), VOI (Variant of Interest), ECDC (European centre for Disease Prevention and Control), RBD (Receptor binding domain), ACE2 (Angiotensin converting enzyme 2), S (Spike), Kd (Dissociation constant), ΔGbinding (Binding affinity)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern as of 27 October 2022. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. https://www.ecdceuropaeu/en/covid-19/variants-concern. 2022;Last access, October 29, 2022.
- Knowing the new Omicron BA.2.75 variant (’Centaurus’): a simulation study.Eur J Intern Med. 2022; 105: 107-108
- Structural evolution of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2: implications for adhesivity to angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 receptors and vaccines.Eur J Intern Med. 2022; 104: 33-36
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as a SARS-CoV-2 receptor: molecular mechanisms and potential therapeutic target.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46: 586-590
- The pivotal link between ACE2 deficiency and SARS-CoV-2 infection: one year later.Eur J Intern Med. 2021; 93: 28-34
- The pivotal link between ACE2 deficiency and SARS-CoV-2 infection.Eur J Intern Med. 2020; 76: 14-20
- Improved binding affinity of Omicron’s spike protein for the human angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 receptor is the key behind its increased virulence.Int J Mol Sci. 2022; : 23
- Analysis of mRNA vaccination-elicited RBD-specific memory B cells reveals strong but incomplete immune escape of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant.Immunity. 2022; 55 (e4): 1096-1104
- Distinct neutralizing antibody escape of SARS-CoV-2 Omicron subvariants BQ.1, BQ.1.1, BA.4.6, BF.7 and BA.2.75.2.bioRxiv. 2022;
Spread of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant sub-lineage BQ.1 in the EU/EEA. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. https://www.ecdceuropaeu/en/publications-data/spread-sars-cov-2-omicron-variant-sub-lineage-bq1-eueea. 2022;Last access, October 29, 2022.
- Increased immune escape of the new SARS-CoV-2 variant of concern Omicron.Cell Mol Immunol. 2022; 19: 293-295
- Evasion of vaccine-induced humoral immunity by emerging sub-variants of SARS-CoV-2.Future Microbiol. 2022; 17: 417-424
- Face masks effectively limit the probability of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.Science. 2021;
- COVID-19, vaccines and deficiency of ACE2 and other angiotensinases. Closing the loop on the "Spike effect".Eur J Intern Med. 2022;
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccines: lights and shadows.Eur J Intern Med. 2021; 88: 1-8