- •C. difficile infections (CDI) are potentially deadly and serious infections.
- •Around 35% of CDI cases recur despite antibiotic treatment.
- •This meta-analysis pooled 580 participants across 6 trials.
- •Odds ratio of 1.82 (95% CI = 1.37–2.41) was reported favoring fecal microbiota use.
- •In-treatment group efficacy was 72% (95% CI = 68–76%).
Abbreviations:CDI (Clostridioides Difficile Infection), CI (Confidence Interval), DF (Degrees of Freedom), FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
FDA. November 30, 2022 Summary Basis for Regulatory Action - REBYOTA. 2022. Available from: https://www.fda.gov/media/163879/download#:∼:text=The%20requested%20indication%20for%20REBYOTA,combination%20product%20for%20rectal%20administration. Accessed December 10, 2022.
- Safety and durability of RBX2660 (microbiota suspension) for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: results of the PUNCH CD study.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 596-602https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/civ938
- Efficacy and safety of RBX2660 in PUNCH CD3, a Phase III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with a Bayesian primary analysis for the prevention of recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection.Drugs. 2022; 82: 1527-1538https://doi.org/10.1007/s40265-022-01797-x
- Durable reduction of Clostridioides difficile infection recurrence and microbiome restoration after treatment with RBX2660: results from an open-label phase 2 clinical trial.BMC Infect Dis. 2022; 22: 1-13https://doi.org/10.1186/s12879-022-07256-y
- Impact of investigational microbiota therapeutic RBX2660 on the gut microbiome and resistome revealed by a placebo-controlled clinical trial.Microbiome. 2020; 8: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1186/s40168-020-00907-9
- Restoration of bacterial microbiome composition and diversity among treatment responders in a phase 2 trial of RBX2660: an investigational microbiome restoration therapeutic.Open forum Infect Dis. 2019; 6 (Oxford University Press US): ofz095https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofz095
- Results from a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of a RBX2660—a microbiota-based drug for the prevention of recurrent Clostridium difficile infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 67: 1198-1204https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciy259
- Microbiota restoration reduces antibiotic-resistant bacteria gut colonization in patients with recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection from the open-label PUNCH CD study.Genome Med. 2021; 13: 1-18https://doi.org/10.1186/s13073-021-00843-9
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Authorship Note: All authors have contributed equally. Dr. Zouina Sarfraz is the guarantor of this meta-analysis.