- •Impaired quality of life in SLE can be of greater concern from the patient's perspective than disease activity assessed by the physician.
- •Adherence to EULAR-based QIs by physicians does not suffice to provide a favorable impact on the quality of life of SLE patients.
- •An integrated disease modification approach, based on disease activity indices and subjective patients’ wellness, should be considered as primary end point in clinical trials.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: new Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches.Annu Rev Med. 2022; ([published online ahead of print, 2022 Jul 8])https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-med-043021-032611
- 2019 Update of the Joint European League Against Rheumatism and European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association (EULAR/ERA-EDTA) recommendations for the management of lupus nephritis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2020; 79: 713-723
- 2019 update of the EULAR recommendations for the management of systemic lupus erythematosus.Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; 78: 736-745
- Quality indicators for systemic lupus erythematosus based on the 2019 EULAR recommendations: development and initial validation in a cohort of 220 patients.Ann Rheum Dis. 2021; 80: 1175-1182
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. XI. Sources of discrepancy in perception of disease activity: a comparison of physician and patient visual analog scale scores.Arthritis Rheum. 2002; 47: 408-413
- Immune thrombocytopenia with clinical significance in systemic lupus erythematosus: a retrospective cohort study of 90 patients.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2021; ([published online ahead of print, 2021 Dec 16]): keab925https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/keab925
- Mycophenolate Mofetil for First-Line Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 885-895
- 2019 European League Against Rheumatism/American College of Rheumatology classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus.Ann Rheum Dis. 2019; 78: 1151-1159
- Cross-cultural validation of Lupus Impact Tracker in five European clinical practice settings.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017; 56: 818-828
- Development and validation of the Lupus Impact Tracker: a patient-completed tool for clinical practice to assess and monitor the impact of systemic lupus erythematosus.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014; 66: 1542-1550
- Nurse-led vaccination program dramatically improves pneumococcal vaccination coverage among patients with autoimmune inflammatory disorders.Eur J Intern Med. 2017; 43: e43-e45
- Definition and initial validation of a Lupus Low Disease Activity State (LLDAS).Ann Rheum Dis. 2016; 75: 1615-1621
- LLDAS (lupus low disease activity state) and/or remission are associated with less damage accrual in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus from a primarily Mestizo population: data from the Almenara Lupus Cohort.Lupus Sci Med. 2022; 9e000616
- Lupus low disease activity state within 12 months is associated with favourable outcomes in severely active systemic lupus erythematosus.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2022; ([published online ahead of print, 2022 Jan 7]): keac002
- Conceptual framework for defining disease modification in systemic lupus erythematosus: a call for formal criteria.Lupus Sci Med. 2022; 9e000634
- Determinants of discordance between patients and physicians in their assessment of lupus disease activity.J Rheumatol. 2003; 30: 1967-1976
- Discordant assessment of lupus activity between patients and their physicians: the Singapore experience.Lupus. 2010; 19: 100-106
- The use of patient-reported outcome measures to classify type 1 and 2 systemic lupus erythematosus activity.Lupus. 2022; 31: 697-705
- Concepts important to persons with systemic lupus erythematosus and their coverage by standard measures of disease activity and health status.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 57: 1287-1295