Abbreviations:Choosing wisely (CW), Primary care physician (PCP)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
Rockville. US preventive services task force guides to clinical preventive services. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK61778/?report=reader. Accessed 2022.
http://www.choosingwisely.org. Choosing wisely: an initiative of the ABIM foundation. Volume 2016, 2013. Accessed 2022.
- The health checkup: was it ever effective? Could it be effective?.JAMA. 2013; 309: 2496-2497
- Improving value in health care–against the annual physical.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1485-1487
- General health checks in adults for reducing morbidity and mortality from disease.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2019;
- Five-year outcomes of the Danish cardiovascular screening (DANCAVAS) trial.N Engl J Med. 2022;
- General health checks in adult primary care: a review.JAMA. 2021; 325: 2294-2306
- The challenge of implementing less is more medicine: a European perspective.Eur J Intern Med. 2020; 76: 1-7
- Cascades of care after incidental findings in a us national survey of physicians.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e1913325
- Overdiagnosis and overtreatment of thyroid cancer: a population-based temporal trend study.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0179387
- The clinical and economic benefits associated with novel multi-cancer early detection tests: conference highlights from the 2022 ISPOR Annual Meeting.Am J Manag Care. 2022; 28: S123-S132
- Extended coverage for preventive services for the elderly: response and results in a demonstration population.Am J Public Health. 1995; 85: 379-386
- Population screening and intervention for vascular disease in Danish men (VIVA): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2017; 390: 2256-2265
- Systematic review: the value of the periodic health evaluation.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 289-300
- The impact of choosing wisely interventions on low-value medical services: a systematic review.Milbank Q. 2021; 99: 1024-1058