- •About 40% of women with systemic vasculitis were treated by immunosuppressive drugs during pregnancy.
- •The number of patients treated with non-recommended immunosuppressant during pregnancy gradually decreased before pregnancy.
- •Proportion of systemic vasculitis flare did not increase significantly during pregnancy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Internal Medicine
- 2012 revised International Chapel Hill consensus conference nomenclature of vasculitides.Arthritis Rheum. 2013; 65: 1-11
- Pregnancy Outcomes in Systemic Vasculitides.Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2020; 22 (26): 63
- Pregnancy and vasculitis: a systematic review of the literature.Autoimmun Rev. 2012; 11: A447-A459
- Takayasu arteritis: prevalence and clinical presentation in Switzerland.PLoS ONE. 2021; 16e0250025
- Introduction, epidemiology and classification of vasculitis.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2018; 32: 3-20
- Pregnancy issues in Takayasu arteritis.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2020; 50 (Oct 1): 911-914
- Behçet's disease and pregnancy: a retrospective case-control study.Yale J Biol Med. 2021; 94: 585-592
- Vasculitis and Pregnancy.Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2017; 43: 239-247
- 2018 Update of the EULAR recommendations for the management of large vessel vasculitis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2020; 79 (Jan 1): 19-30
- 2018 update of the EULAR recommendations for the management of Behçet's syndrome.Ann Rheum Dis. 2018; 77 (Jun 1): 808-818
- EULAR/ERA-EDTA recommendations for the management of ANCA-associated vasculitis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2016; 75: 1583-1594
- Optimal management of ANCA-associated vasculitis before and during pregnancy: current perspectives.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2022; (Sep 14)
- 2020 American College of Rheumatology Guideline for the Management of Reproductive Health in Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Diseases.Arthritis Rheumatol Hoboken NJ. 2020; (Feb 23)
- Effect of pregnancy on disease flares in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.Ann Rheum Dis. 2018; 77: 855-860
- Perinatal use and discontinuation of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs and biologics in women with rheumatoid arthritis: a cohort study.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2020; 59 (Jul 1): 1514-1521
- The national healthcare system claims databases in France, SNIIRAM and EGB: powerful tools for pharmacoepidemiology.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017; 26: 954-962
- Is there a safety signal for dolutegravir and integrase inhibitors during pregnancy?.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 1999. 2019; 81 (01): 481-486
- Healthcare databases in Europe for studying medicine use and safety during pregnancy.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2014; 23: 586-594
- Validation of Takayasu arteritis, polyarteritis nodosa and Behcet's disease diagnosis codes in a French hospital database.Eur J Intern Med. 2021; (Aug 10;S0953-6205(21)00265-X)
- Audemard-Verger A. Positive predictive value of hospital discharge diagnosis code to identify immunoglobulin A vasculitis in France: a validation study.Eur J Intern Med. 2017; 43: e18-e19
- Giant cell arteritis.BMJ. 2019; 365: l1964
- Validation of anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibodies associated vasculitides diagnosis codes from the electronic health records of two French university hospitals.Eur J Intern Med [Internet]. 2022; (May 18 [cited 2022 May 18]; Available from:)
- Positive predictive values of peripheral arterial and venous thrombosis codes in French hospital database.Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2018; 32: 108-113
Méthode de la cartographie des pathologies et des dépenses de l'Assurance Maladie [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 15]. Available from: https://assurance-maladie.ameli.fr/etudes-et-donnees/entree-par-theme/pathologies/cartographie-assurance-maladie/methode/methode-cartographie-pathologies-depenses-assurance-maladie.
European Platform on Rare Disease Registration [Internet]. [cited 2021 Sep 28]. Available from: https://eu-rd-platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu.
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with systemic vasculitis: a single-centre matched case-control study.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2015; 54: 1582-1586
- Pregnancies in systemic necrotizing vasculitides: report on 12 women and their 20 pregnancies.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2011; 50: 953-961
- Analysis of risk factors for complications and adverse obstetrical outcomes in women with Takayasu arteritis: a French retrospective study and literature review.Clin Rheumatol. 2020; 39: 2707-2713
- Behcet's disease and pregnancy: what to expect?.J Obstet Gynaecol J Inst Obstet Gynaecol. 2018; 38: 185-188
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with primary systemic vasculitis: a retrospective study.J Matern-Fetal Neonatal Med Off J Eur Assoc Perinat Med Fed Asia Ocean Perinat Soc Int Soc Perinat Obstet. 2019; : 1-7
- The EULAR points to consider for use of antirheumatic drugs before pregnancy, and during pregnancy and lactation.Ann Rheum Dis. 2016; 75: 795-810
- BSR and BHPR guideline on prescribing drugs in pregnancy and breastfeeding-Part I: standard and biologic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs and corticosteroids.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2016; 55: 1693-1697
- Rituximab induction therapy for de novo ANCA associated vasculitis in pregnancy: a case report.BMC Nephrol. 2018; 19 (28): 152
- Successful treatment outcomes in pregnant patients with ANCA-associated vasculitides: a systematic review of literature.Int J Rheum Dis. 2018; 21: 1734-1740
- A successful pregnancy in a patient with Takayasu's arteritis under tocilizumab treatment: a longitudinal case study.Int J Rheum Dis. 2019; 22: 1941-1944
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis and pregnancy: a case report and review of the literature.Obstet Med. 2020; 13: 76-82
- Low risk of renal flares and negative outcomes in women with lupus nephritis conceiving after switching from mycophenolate mofetil to azathioprine.Rheumatol Oxf Engl. 2013; 52: 1070-1076
- French recommendations for the management of Takayasu's arteritis.Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2021; 16 (Jul 21Suppl): 311
- Teratogen update: fetal effects after in utero exposure to coumarins overview of cases, follow-up findings, and pathogenesis.Teratology. 2002; 66: 127-140
- Vitamin K antagonists and pregnancy outcome. A multi-centre prospective study.Thromb Haemost. 2006; 95: 949-957